Wednesday, September 10, 2014



2.  I chose the book Childhood's End for one of my selected summer reading book is because I thought it was going to be an interesting book to pass by time during the summer.  The first time I read the little summary on the back of the book, I thought it be cool to read about aliens trying save us from extinction.  

3.  This book was about these alien ships appearing over city in the entire world just on one day unexpectedly.  Humans called them the overlords.  The overlords came to Earth to save us from extinction since there was so many problems happening at the same time around the world.  They said that they would reveal themselves 50 years later.  After those 50 years were up, they revealed themselves to the world.  The looked like the devil. Then they started taking away the children from their parents is because of their telopathic powers.  They moved them to an island.  Then since the parents didn't know what to do without their children, they started committing suicide.  Then when all of this was happening, Jan was actually traveling to the overlords planet.  After she was done exploring for a few weeks, she returned to Earth and realized there was no one since all f the other kids died on the lonely island.

4.  The best part about the book was when the overlords revealed themselves to the world.  I though that was the best part of the book is because I wasn't expecting them to look like the devil.  It always kept me thinking of what they were going to look like, so I thought it made the book better is because it always kept the reader thinking.  Another reason why I thought the part when the overlords revealed themselves was the best part of the book is because it didn't really seem like everyone was scared of them.  The last reason why this was my favorite part of the book is because I thought it was very interesting that the writer made them look like the devil instead of something that would seem like out of this world.

5.  I think the worst part of the book is when everyone started to commit suicide.  I think that it was the worst part of the book is because all of the overlords work went to waste.  I thought that it wouldn't be the best way to end a very confusing book.  That made it even more difficult to understand why they would commit suicide.  Lastly, I think that it was the worst part of the book is because after all of the overlords work, it was supposed to be a golden age and it ended up being the saddest ending of a book.

6. I wouldn't recommend this book to other students is because I had a rough time trying to understand what was happening during the book the whole time.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment